Friday, November 14, 2014

The Change of Seasons

Until We Meet Again
Chris' Grandpa Cleland (Bill, Sr.) finished his fight with cancer and went home to be with the Lord on October 25th. Chris had the chance to talk with him on his 84th birthday a few days before he died. On the phone his grandpa talked of his anticipation to be with the Lord, the future reunion he would have with Chris, and how the most important decision a person can make is to place their faith in Christ. Be mindful to pray for Chris' grandma Doris Cleland particularly during this time, as well as for the rest of the family.

Grandpa with Josiah, a few months before he passed.
Seasonal Experiences
In the last couple of weeks I (Chris) had the opportunity to do a couple of things that I haven't had the chance to see first hand before: harvesting beans and cutting up venison. I think I rode with my Uncle Bill once on a tractor before (on Grandpa's farm "5-C's Farm Inc."), but I don't quite remember. This time I rode (in the passenger seat) of a Case IH with a 35' header for several hours and had a good time with this elder from church. If I didn't know beans before, I'm sure I know some now. I also invited myself over to watch another man from church and his son cut up a deer after church one Sunday. They had one hanging in their garage that they had shot the night before. Perhaps I'll get to seem them actually shoot and gut the deer next time. Anyways, the internship is going well and I think as we told Allen lately we feel comfortable now in the community. We'll be working on some new projects here soon that we will keep you updated on. The Midwest District Representatives of Village Missions (David & Joann Hernandez will be visiting both Ronae and I November 21-23). Thanks for your support!









No comments:

Post a Comment

Questions? Comments? We'd love your feedback!